[Xfce-i18n] daily translations builds ?

Daichi Kawahata daichi at xfce.org
Sun Apr 30 18:27:16 CEST 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:06:46 +0000
piotr maliński wrote:

> There are tools like ant or phing that can "build" packages
> of something. Why not use them to make daily (or other) builds
> of translations - for each language there would be a package
> with *mo files with correct names ready to fetch-extract-use :)
> What do you thik about it?

Hmm, just out of curiosity, can each distributions provide
`only translation updates' module? That is, a translation
might be revised in daily-basis even in the stable release
(like 4.2 branch), however it has to wait til the next major
release.

That's a reason I'm using Xfce of out-of-controlled on IRIX,
that is, when I happen to see the typo. & mis/bogus-translations
etc. I can immediately fix them from the source but the others?
My long time wondering...

Then back to the topic, an opinion from an armature of current
packaging system, is it hard to do in the current distribution
mechanism instead of using such updater you recommend? Anyway,
it may probably be good idea for me.

Daichi

Language Codes: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/iso639.htm
Country Codes: http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt