[Xfce-i18n] Updated Romanian translation for Xfce 4.2.2

Misu Moldovan habarnam at gmail.com
Fri May 13 01:35:37 CEST 2005

Hi all,

By accident I found out about the imminence of a new 4.2 release, so I've
tried to get the Romanian translation of Xfce 4.2 up to date. The po files
that needed attention were packed as-is in their own subdirectories. Changes
to the .desktop files and XML files were packed as individual patches for the
4.2 branch. Please commit them before releasing Xfce version 4.2.2. Thanks a
lot! The changes should also be commited upstream in the "trunk" branch, I
guess.

I also have one question for the more knowledgeable people around here. How
come the localized versions of the files used by "xfce4-about" are displayed
mangled, like UTF-8 characters output-ed in a non-UTF8 locale? To see what I
mean, take look at the following example.

This is what I get when I want to see the "Info" in "About":
-----------------------------------
Xfce 4, versiunea 4.2.1 (Xfce 4.2)

... şi totul zboară ...
-----------------------------------

and this what I should get:
-----------------------------------
Xfce 4, versiunea 4.2.1 (Xfce 4.2)

... şi totul zboară ...
-----------------------------------

I use the os-cillation Debian packages for testing and sid on three computers
with ro_RO.UTF-8 and ro_RO.ISO-8859-2 locale settings. Anything else works and
looks OK, except these dialogs (about->info and about->credits). Is there any
problem in my .ro localization for the AUTHORS* and INFO* files? I've used the
UTF-8 encoding as with all files translated to Romanian... Or is there
anything else wrong? Just let me know if there's something that I should do in
the Romanian localization to fix this.

Thanks for an awesome desktop,

--
mişu

P.S. Posting from a Gmail address, as my dumol at home.ro address subscribed
to this list is not accepted by the anal MTA at foo-project.org:

May 13 02:21:00 twinsun postfix/smtp[1670]: ADB2A37CD9: host