[Xfce-i18n] [RFC] Translation guidance in Xfce

Daichi Kawahata daichi.k at aioros.ocn.ne.jp
Sun Jun 19 17:12:06 CEST 2005

Hi Ivo and other translators,

I've migrated translation guide from http://gtk-gnutella.sourceforge.net/,
added some lines for our needs. Please tell me your opinion how to treat
it i.e.

    It should be separated and changed into HTML format so the documents
    can be read through http://www.xfce.org, somewhere.

    Or rather, it may be better renaming README and put into each po
    directories.

    If this kind of document will be delivered when new one will
    subscribe, it might be helpful.

Of course, it'd be welcomed that,

    It contains redundant information, xx should be removed.

    And I know good site about these things, so xx should be linked
    at http://www.xfce.org instead of using this document.

    I have a tips to add/better explanation about xx.

I know it sounds big care for those who are familiar with these things/
stuffs, but I'd keep in mind for translator who want to have a translation,
isn't familiar these stuffs at the same time, as a result, hesitates to
try a translation. That can be a potential loss to Xfce in my opinion.

And thank you for your reading.

PS. Attached text is UTF-8 encoded.

Daichi