[Xfce-i18n] Some translations don't seem to work....

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Mon Sep 6 20:23:22 CEST 2004

Le lundi 06 septembre 2004 à 20:29 +0300, Mart Tõnso a écrit :
> Hello!
>
> I built a CVS version of Xfce4 about an hour ago to test Estonian
> translation (installed in custom directory).

> It seems that some translations don't work, for example: some settings
> manager plugins are in English, some in Estonian (and texts that don't
> show up in Estonian _have_ been translated).

> One wierd example is that panel texts are translated but clock texts are
> not. Messages for panel and clock are both located in the message module
> for xfce4-panel...

i'm trying to reproduce it here but i can't because i don't find the
LANG value i have to set (i tried, ee_EE, et_ET, ET_et, ...), can you
tell me which one it is ?

> Is there something wrong with my setup and what could cause such a
> thing? Are other languages "working" all right?

how did you set the custom installation directory, with --
prefix=/path/to/custom ? if so, gettext is looking in the right
directory

i've tested italian, hungarian and russian, they work fine