[Xfce-i18n] Questions about translation

Juha Kautto kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi
Wed Oct 20 13:06:47 CEST 2004

Thank you very much ! It works now !

Manually deleted apparently old menu.xml from the
~/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml and reinstalled xfdesktop and the menu
IS very different now. And yes .desktop files are used in there.

But hey why is my panel menu still looking the old way ? hmm. let's
restart the panel. no help..let's restart the whole Xfce....Yes, now it
is good, too. Must be some heavy caching in use somewhere....

Funny that appfinder still shows english descriptions like Xfce4 Panel
Settings. Hmm. Should I recompile that too....no did not help. Left
column (groups) is in finnish but right column (application names) are
in english. Hmm.

Anyway, it works now. Thank you  for the tip that it could be old menu.
It could be a good idea to include a picture of this new menu in the
documentation so that people could see and start wondering if they see
different ? This is a very nice enhancement to 4.0 but I would never had
found it alone.....

/Juha