[Xfce-i18n] Questions about translation

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Oct 20 11:35:55 CEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 12:09:47PM +0300, Juha Kautto wrote:

> There is now something that I simple do not get....Bare with me and
> let's check panel as an example:
> When I do:
> $ xfce-setting-show
> I can see: "Xfce Paneeli" which indeed is finnish, but when I check the
> corresponding .desktop file:
> /usr/local/xfce4/share/applications/xfce-panel-settings.desktop
> I see no [fi] language:

Hehe, this is confusing, isn't it? The .desktop files are used for the desktop
menu (and the Xfce Menu panel plugin). For that you need to include the
<system> menu in your menu configuration. It is there by default, but maybe
not when you update from an old version. You can add it from the menu editor.

The files will show up under the 'Settings' submenu.

Did I make any sense?

	Jasper