[Xfce-i18n] Questions about translation

Ambrose Li acli at ada.dhs.org
Thu Oct 21 06:42:42 CEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 11:35:55AM +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Hehe, this is confusing, isn't it? The .desktop files are used for the desktop
> menu (and the Xfce Menu panel plugin). For that you need to include the
> <system> menu in your menu configuration. It is there by default, but maybe
> not when you update from an old version. You can add it from the menu editor.
>
> The files will show up under the 'Settings' submenu.
>
> Did I make any sense?

For me (upgraded from 4.0) I see something slightly more confusing :D

When I right-click on the desktop, I see a menu item "Settings" (in
English) that contains "Settings Manager" (also in English); but
underneath it (with several other menu items inbetween, in a mish-
mash of English and Chinese) there is another menu item "Settings"
(in Chinese), which contains all the rest of the Settings menu
sub-items (also in Chinese).