[Xfce-i18n] Romanian translations for XFCE 4.2 release candidate

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Mon Dec 13 10:28:02 CET 2004

Le lundi 13 décembre 2004 à 07:50 +0000, Misu Moldovan a écrit :
> Hi everyone,

hi
> I've been using XFCE 4.2 release candidates for some weeks in Debian
> Sid and Ubuntu 4.10 thanks to the excellent repository set up by the
> Xfld folks from os-cillation.de and I must say I'm very impressed with
> the usability of the XFCE 4.2 desktop. After 4 years of using GNOME
> exclusively I think I've found the desktop of my dreams.
>
> Being an active Romanian translator in the GNOME/Gaim/XMMS projects I
> got interested in localizing XFCE as soon as I started to use it on a
> regular basis. I know it's not the first time when XFCE is localized in
> Romanian as I've seen some Romanian translations in XFCE back in the
> 3.x days. I must say they we're pretty low quality, they even lacked
> diacritics...

i haven't seen any Romanian translations for the 4.x branch, so consider
you are in charge of the ro translations since now (if you accept it of
course)

> I hope these translation will fit much better. I'm also interested in
> localizing the .desktop files, but being the first time I get involved
> in something like this I must ask which is the right way of doing  it.
> Should I build a collection of patches for all the .desktop files  in
> the "translation" module from CVS?

yeah it's the best way to do it, patches for the .desktop files
> Last, please forgive me for sending all files to the mail list,
> spamming other translators. If there's another way to contribute
> translations, please guide me into it. I am also intrigued about the
> release date for XFCE 4.2 as I couldn't find an estimated date on your
> site xfce.org.
there is nothing to be forgiven that's the way it works in fact; about
the final release date there is nothing official until now

> You may reply to me on the mail list too, I'm already a subscriber.
> Thank you and please commit before releasing XFCE 4.2.

i'll commit it tonight (normally)
> Cheers,

welcome aboard