[Xfce-i18n] Romanian translations for XFCE 4.2 release candidate

Misu Moldovan dumol at home.ro
Mon Dec 13 08:50:47 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

I've been using XFCE 4.2 release candidates for some weeks in Debian
Sid and Ubuntu 4.10 thanks to the excellent repository set up by the
Xfld folks from os-cillation.de and I must say I'm very impressed with
the usability of the XFCE 4.2 desktop. After 4 years of using GNOME
exclusively I think I've found the desktop of my dreams.

Being an active Romanian translator in the GNOME/Gaim/XMMS projects I
got interested in localizing XFCE as soon as I started to use it on a
regular basis. I know it's not the first time when XFCE is localized in
Romanian as I've seen some Romanian translations in XFCE back in the
3.x days. I must say they we're pretty low quality, they even lacked
diacritics...

I hope these translation will fit much better. I'm also interested in
localizing the .desktop files, but being the first time I get involved
in something like this I must ask which is the right way of doing  it.
Should I build a collection of patches for all the .desktop files  in
the "translation" module from CVS?

Last, please forgive me for sending all files to the mail list,
spamming other translators. If there's another way to contribute
translations, please guide me into it. I am also intrigued about the
release date for XFCE 4.2 as I couldn't find an estimated date on your
site xfce.org.

You may reply to me on the mail list too, I'm already a subscriber.
Thank you and please commit before releasing XFCE 4.2.

Cheers,

--
    .
/^)/_/(/