Idea about extended menus

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Mar 29 18:05:06 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 12:35, Dmitry DELTA Malykhanov wrote:

> I'm not Joe,

	And you should thank the gods every day you aren't.  :-)

> but I don't like this idea. :) I mean there is nothing really
> bad with this, but it will affect the usability. Just look: right now,
> you can reach _any_ item, available on the XFCE panel with (maximum) two
> clicks. So it's either "click" or "click, move mouse, and click". But with
> the sub-menus that would be "click, move mouse, click, move mouse, click"
> (and so on for sub-sub...-sun-menus).

	I forgot to mention in my initial reply to Peeter's post that I like
the idea for only one level of submenus.

	What I'd really like to see is the ability to have a button/icon on the
panel be able to open a window of related icons of programs.  The way
CDE does it.  i.e. you click on the configuration icon on the mail panel
(you know the one with the little icon that has a pallet, moue, "T" &
window buttons in it) and a window would open with a set of icons in it
that ran all the config type programs (xfpager, xfmouse, xfsound,
backdrop, xfgnome, gfx. conf, screensaver, etc.).

	This would be my much preferred way of nesting things.  Yes, I know,
it's the way CDE does it but I never thought there was anything wrong
with it in the first place.

--
Using Linux since 11/91		|		http://www.linux.org
Linux user #29402		|		http://counter.li.org