Idea about extended menus

Edscott Wilson García edscott at imp.mx
Fri Mar 29 16:17:14 CET 2002

On Vie 29 Mar 2002 02:02, Peeter Vois wrote:

Although I agree with Dmitry in that few items of the panel are regularly used
day-to-day, and the DnD would be quite difficult. But Peeter is right in
saying that submenus need not be used when not wanted.  One big plus of
putting in a submenu option would be the posibility of transporting the
"kde-menu" and "gnome-menu" so that they can all fit into the panel. Why
would this be good? Because the "kde-menu" and "gnome-menu" are run by the
xfwm, which means you can only have one instance of them. The xfce-panel
allows you to have multiple instances running on different machines but
managed by the same windowmanager.

Edscott