Various Xftree problems

Joakim Andreasson joakim.andreasson at gmx.net
Wed Mar 20 18:39:50 CET 2002

Hi Edscott and others,

With my recently outchecked cvs version of Xftree, there are a few problems.

1) When I try to copy or move a file ore a bunch of files by dragging it/them between two Xftree windows, it opens an xterm and runs the command "ssh/scp" on the files. Even if it would work, this seems unnessesary, but no files are either copied or moved. (I guess because I don't run sshd.)

2) If I try to delete a file with a long name with lots of spaces and other uncommon letters in the name, Xftree crashes. This has been the case fore some time now.

3) Before 1) occured Xftree always crashed when I tried to copy a directory from a tarfile (Now problem 1) applies to this, too). I you're not not supposed to be able to do that, maybe the ability to try should be removed as well.

4) Not really a problem, I'm just curious. What's with the "//loclhost/localdomain" in the Xftree title bar? Can I open an Xftree on other hosts as well or is this planned (ftp would be cool)? Right now it seems it only makes the titlebar less readable, and my hostname isn't localhost.localdomain anyway.

If this is all or mostly because of work in progress, I apologize. Just trying to help! :-)

Best Regards,
Joakim