xfpager, and general observations

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Aug 18 05:12:10 CEST 2002

Dmitry DELTA Malykhanov <d726f6e at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG> writes:

[...] snipped infomative explanations

> And I'm sorry, maybe I've missed something. Are you're saying that
> sometimes, even if the checkbox is checked or not, and you do NOT have
> 'AddToFunc "InitFunction" + "I" Module xfpager' in your xfwmrc, xfpager
> is still appears when you starting xfce? That's weird. In this case I
> would recommend you to roll back to the 3.8.16 release, because it could
> be a bug in the session management code in 3.8.18.

No, I don't see that.  I was suggesting it may have been happening
yesterday, somehow.  For some reason in yesterdays experiments, we
had xfpager run on startup, but would not obey geometry settings.

Unfortunately, I rm 'ed the entire .xfce directory from
yesterday, when setting up a clean start today.  I've seen no
problems today with pager.  Well, I see one, but different.  Not
about geometry.  It seems changing
   *xfpager.smallfont 5x8
To some other size
   *xfpager.smallfont 9x15
Or even
  *xfpager.font 9x15

Seems to have no effect on the pager

I wanted to see if the geometry would grow by itself if the font was
bigger.

PS- Still working on creating the sand box.