[Xfce-apps] proposition of framework

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Wed Mar 23 19:10:05 CET 2005

masse nicolas wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>something also imporant is the way repositories will
>be managed. Do we have to use a ftp server, will there
>be a cvs server available (is it faisaible?), how must
>develloppers upload there files?

The maintainer(s) of the site will get full access (ssh). However, this
is restricted to the absolute minimum number of people. Other people can
register on the website and upload files if needed. The server is http
only, so no ftp.

All projects that wish to use the subversion server (we're still on CVS
but moving to SVN at the moment) can migrate their projects to the xfce
subversion repository if they wish (proper approval needed as usual).

>You said about themes that you would like them to pass
>a test, will it be also the case for apps and plugins?

I hope so!

>(BTW: I think they must be in separate section). Will
>them all or some of them also have to pass some kind
>of test? (Note: it can be a good think sine it ensure
>some quality)

well, I think it's important that submissions and uploads are tested and
verified before putting them live on the website. I'm sure that this
will be taken into account.

>Finally, one last thing: I would like in such a site
>to have some news of what is under work. For example
>you can post something every time a
>program/plugin/theme is updated or when a new one is
>uploaded. This have 2 avantages I think:
>- Everybody can easily be aware of the current state
>of each work, and see when there is something new.
>- It makes people feel that something is on the way
>and that work is in progress. (If we have a look at
>the XFCE-Goodies page, we can see that it's always the
>same page we have. It makes an impression of something
>figed, who don't move anymore.)

I'm pretty sure this is what we're gonna setup ;^). Care to help?

sofar