[Xfc-dev] Status of Xfc

Bo Lorentsen bl at lue.dk
Mon Nov 27 13:54:28 CET 2006

Xavier Otazu wrote:

> Xfc IS a really GOOD piece of work !!! I've been working with it, and
> its structure and efficiency is much better than other GTK-based
> libraries.
That is my impression too. I will try to develop a small utility for it
and see how it compare to Gtkmm, but I like to know if it is possible to
apply updates and changes.

> The only developer and maintainer of XFC is Jeff Franks. As Sylvain
> told, he is missing from many time ago. Many time ago he and the
> present xfce 4.4 developers told that XFC would be released with the
> Xfce 4.4 version. If some days after this inminent release, Jeff Franks
> does not respond, I would consider XFC as an abandoned project.
Have anyone thought about taking over, until Jeff returns or could a few
of us do this together (would be nice with a trac/svn frontend) ?

> Anyway, I think that other developers may take this project and
> continue to work with it. It is a real GOOD piece of work.
That would be a good idea, and it is nice to see it together with the
Xfce system.

/BL