[Xfc-dev] Status of Xfc

Bo Lorentsen bl at lue.dk
Sun Nov 26 22:51:51 CET 2006

Sylvain Vedrenne (Xfce) wrote:

> The least one can say is that Xfc development is stalled,
> as can be seen when checking this mailing-list.
That is so sad, it is a nice peace of work.

> But Xfc 4.3.1 is impressive and makes several people wait (desperately
> hope) for more !...
Yes it is a nice library, and some nice goals too.

Do anyone know how many may be using this library, and are there any
wish list or wiki, for developers ?

> I suppose the Xfce devs are too busy preparing Xfce-4.4 to care much for
> Xfc at present. So let's wait until after Xfce-4.4 is released to see if
> someone competent wishes to take it over. I hope this will happen.
I am looking forward to see what they intent to do, as Jeff F. have been
gone for so long (without leaving a note :-)).

Well, time to try to write an app or two in Xfc to see how it really
works :-)

/BL