[Thunar-dev] keyboard navigation issues

TW zupftom at googlemail.com
Wed May 12 00:05:59 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

I have some remarks concerning keyboard commands in conjunction with
the little search entry widget that pops up when you type some
letters.  What hits me all the time are things like the following:  I
select a file/folder in Thunar by typing its first letters, then use a
keyboard command like Ctrl+c or Alt+arrow keys, but they don't do what
they usually do (copy a file, move forward/backward/up) as long as the
search entry widget is active - I assume because the little entry
widget doesn't pass on the keyboard events.  I found this is true for
Nautilus, PCManFM and AFAIKS emelFM2 as well, so it appears to me this
is standard behavior of the widget (GtkTreeView?).  I wonder whether
it's at all possible to have the search field pass on the keyboard
shortcuts without major hacking of the GtkTreeView(?) widget?

Have fun with the nicest file manager of all ;-)
Thomas W.