[Thunar-dev] multiple thunar instances and session management half-baked

Dennis Heuer dh at triple-media.com
Mon Mar 9 12:21:40 CET 2009

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:53:20 +0200
Jari Rahkonen <jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:

> Getting a new password (or changing the email address I presume) is as
> simple as sending an email to the admin.

you don't get the problem. the admin can only re-fresh an old account
but not <close> it. bugzilla does not allow the user to shut down his
account. btw., this is against most national laws. it is also against
international law. though the user can't expect to get his entries
deleted, the closure of his account is his right. bugzilla treats this
right with ignorance and a selfish position of the bugzilla developers
who just don't want the user to do this (by original statements).

> There's simply no way someone would want to do you a favor by
> fixing your personal pet peeve if your only argument is that the
> software is 'half-baked' if they don't. But maybe you don't see the
> problem because of a language barrier or something...

i understand what you mean but can't agree. to be truthful, more than
90% of 'magnificious' desktop software in the world is, and god knows,
half-baked (if not crap) because, it seems, the intends of the
developers are so small that not even functioning well in an
environment of certain standard (X) existing decades before this tools
is in focus.

if you see supporting the environment as a personal pet peeve, there's
something wrong with your attitude. you could have argued that Thunar
is for XFCE and that's it. however, how you argue is only strange.

am not expecting anything anymore from a desktop

bye,
dennis