[Thunar-dev] multiple thunar instances and session management half-baked

Dennis Heuer dh at triple-media.com
Mon Mar 9 05:11:14 CET 2009

On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 12:24:51 -0600
Cory Christison <cory.christison at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think the intention was for it to be 'half-baked'. I think the
> developers just didn't forsee that type of usage pattern.

which is the same. reality decides about this fact - not your
intention. i can't see why you are so angry.

> I feel it was rather rude to come barging in here exlaiming this
> magnificent peice of software was 'half-baked.'

what did i do??? possibly, you are too affected by your imaginary
picture of the 'magnificient' thunar? aehhm, did i end in a sect or
so??? what are you barking? thunar is not persistent in the real sense.
this may be of intend. however, then just stating your position would
be enough. why you are so angry about other positions, which you know
are quite arguable.

> I feel that for general users it was very well thought out.

don't general users open things twice for different use cases? why you
are so <assured>? be a bit more open!

> I think that you would have a more positive response if you would have
> used the bug  tracker, and submitted this as a bug.

submitting this pledge for enhancement as a bug would be barking,
from my point of view. i really don't understand your viewpoint!?

however, i refuse (bark) to use bugzilla because it still doesn't let
one at least close an account. all the bugzillas in the world still
hold old accounts under my name but with old and dead email addresses
and still sensitive personal data of mine. i don't even have the
passwords anymore to at least delete the sensitive data. this 'intend'
of the bugzilla developers was already harshly discussed (because it is
stealing the freedom from the account owner) but without concrete
result. this is why i never use bugzilla if there is a mailinglist
available. and if not, i most probably don't write at all.
freedesktop.org, for example, makes a difference because of the many
projects for which there is only one account needed and most possibly
valuable in future.

cudos to all Thuar developers. you are great - but sometimes a bit too
sensitive, i think.

best wishes,
dennis heuer