[Thunar-dev] unreliable: side pane tree view

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 11:00:43 CET 2008

2008/12/5 Quiring, Sam <Sam.Quiring at windriver.com>:
> The part I don't totally agree with is that the backtrace is "useless".
> It does seem to reveal that the hang is in libgail, which is part of
> accessibility.  I also see the libatk-bridge.so in there, which I
> believe is also part of accessibility.  At stack frame 10 you see
> atk_object_ref_accessible_child(), which is probably involved in
> reference counting of some kind.

Well I can read bracktraces too. And the last investing call is made
to gtk_tree_model_iter_has_child, which is connected to the tree model
(and it can technically crash in that function), but without debugging
i have no idea what variable data is send to the function (null
pointer? wrong gtype? who knows), so that makes it impossible to track
a crash that is not reproducible.

> Are the Thunar test suites run in an
> environment where accessibility is turned on?

Nope, there are not test suits at all, still on the TODO list.

Nick