[Thunar-dev] columns UI

Ian Katz ifreecarve at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 22:31:21 CET 2008

Hi,

I was very intrigued by the idea of a columns-based version of thunar:
http://thunar.xfce.org/wiki/ui:columns-view

Unfortunately, the tarball available on the wiki page segfaults on my system.

It looks like there is little interest among the developers to pursue
this version.  Can you give some background as to why not?  I think it
looks great, and ever since seeing the columns UI on the mac finder
I've never wanted to use tree view ever, ever again.

If I wanted to try and fix it up myself, how many hours/days/weeks
would you expect it to involve?

-Ian