[Thunar-dev] unreliable: side pane tree view

Quiring, Sam Sam.Quiring at windriver.com
Fri Dec 5 22:54:30 CET 2008

Nick,

I agree with most of what you say.  I'm new to Linux.  I won't be taking
the time to learn how to fetch a Thunar snapshot and compiling it with
different flags.  If I'm still on Linux when a binary becomes available
I'll download it and try it.

The part I don't totally agree with is that the backtrace is "useless".
It does seem to reveal that the hang is in libgail, which is part of
accessibility.  I also see the libatk-bridge.so in there, which I
believe is also part of accessibility.  At stack frame 10 you see
atk_object_ref_accessible_child(), which is probably involved in
reference counting of some kind.  Are the Thunar test suites run in an
environment where accessibility is turned on?

-Sam