[Thunar-dev] Some ideas :)

Mike Massonnet mike.massonnet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 14:15:18 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:29:21AM +0100, daitheflu at free.fr wrote:

> Sure I know it, but I think the "vista bar" would be much more easy-to-use.

The what?! O_o  Hey, be polite will you?

> Now you have either to learn a shortcut, type it and then type the path (the
> VERY good thing is the auto-completition thing).
> My idea is to have something similar to the Ctrl+L shortcut in the location bar
> where words would be clickable :)

You can switch to the location bar in this case.  Shortcuts will still
remain the sames, but you will be able to triple click the address bar
and type whatever location you had like to go.

> Features like relative pathes and ~ are already supported which is very very
> useful.
>

> Selon David Keogh <davekeogh at shaw.ca>:
>
> > I think you misunderstood what he was describing. The location bar in Vista
> > basically acts like both of Thunar's location selecters at once. If you
> > click on one of the labels, it acts as a button; or if you click in empty
> > space it acts as a field. Here's a screenshot that kind of demonstrates it:
> > http://www.dx21.com/HOME/ARTICLES/P2P/WinV_IMAGES/Exp_AddressBar.PNG

Oh, ugly.  I don't see the need for this since you can easily switch
between "Tree pane" (Ctrl+T) and "Bookmark pane" (Ctrl+B).  Yes, it's
another shortcut to learn, I hope you won't hyperventilate.

My 2 cents,
Mike
--
 Mike (m8t) Massonnet http://massonnet.org/     __oo
 GnuPG 0--" 0xF8C80F97                      ---(_)_">