[Thunar-dev] Fuse, scripts and thunar

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Aug 30 22:29:11 CEST 2007

Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Erlend Davidson wrote:
>
>> I'm currently writing a mock-up of this in the panel places menu. It
>> isn't particularly difficult to do, although it does feel a little like
>> a hack.  Officially should this be handled by thunar-vfs, and a new
>> |THUNAR_VFS_VOLUME_KIND_SAMBA be made to handle it just like the other
>> volumes?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Erlend
>>

> Hi Erlend, I am really happy with the good start of the xfce-places
> panel plugin. May I suggest some enhancements? When I have files listed
> in the recent document menu, there is still an entry of no files found.
> Can you remove this entry from the menu when there are files listed?

No I didn't write xfce-places... I'm just trying something out with the
shortcuts: it's easier to work with a small plugin than recompiling
thunar all the time (plus I rather like having a working filemanager on
my system ;-))

The real developer of xfce-places is Diego Ongaro (ongardie at gmail.com).
You can get him on the goodies-dev mailing list. I'm sure (given he
recently put out the beta) he'd be keen to hear about any bugs.

What you've described to me sounds like a bug and you should report it
on http://bugs.xfce.org. Also check you are using the latest version
(1.0beta).