[Thunar-dev] Compact List View problem

Matt McClinch mattmcclinch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 18:58:27 CEST 2006

Hi Benedikt,

The current workaround for the quirk where GTK+ continually tries to
hide and then display the scrollbar allows for some pretty wacky
behavior in Compact List View.  For example, it is possible to resize
the window in such a way that:
1) it becomes impossible to scroll to certain files,
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mmcclinc/layout-problem1.png
2) you can navigate to certain files, but they won't be displayed, or
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mmcclinc/layout-problem2.png
3) you can scroll past the last column of files, leaving a blank window.
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/mmcclinc/layout-problem3.png

Therefore, I propose that the horizontal scrollbar in Compact List View
always be visible, whether it is necessary or not.  That would allow you
to get rid of the quirky workaround in libexo.  I have attached patches
for thunar and libexo that do this.

Matt McClinch