[Thunar-dev] overwriting files and the trash

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Thu Aug 3 10:22:10 CEST 2006

>> Second: When you copy a file in the local directory the hilight remains
>> on the first file and does not move to the copy... I expect it to move
>> it to the copied file because the first thing i'll do i rename it. (i
>> might be alone in this issue as well :) )
>>
> i like that idea. unless thunar learns to read my mind for naming
> ideas, it would probably be a good thing to get changed.

Indeed, you have to scroll to the file to make sure/see it's copied
correctly...

Same goes for deleting a file. The view scrolls all the way to the top
and no file is selected. I'd like to see that the file which is at the
same position as the deleted file (or -1 if the last file is deleted)
gets selected.

file1
file2 (selected)
file3

When I delete file2, file3 should get focus to be able to open or delete
it (for example):

file1
file3 (selected)

This would make keyboard-only users quite happy, including me...

-H-