[Thunar-dev] A couple of bugs, not sure if they are reported.

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sat Apr 29 14:26:26 CEST 2006

mcquaid mcquaid wrote:
> I'm on ubuntu dapper using their provided packages.
>
> The first one is I have a folder I created as root called shared under home
> for other users to share files.
>
> drwxr-xrwx   2 root    root     1736 2006-04-27 12:08 shared
>
> But I can't copy files there using thunar.  Prove of this is when I go to
> the shared dir under my user, file/create folder/document is greyed out.

This has been fixed, and Jani told me that a new snapshot package is
available for Xubuntu, so an apt-get upgrade should do the trick.

> The 2nd bug is harder to track down, I'm not sure what causes it.
>
> I use thunar maximized most of the time with just name,size,type and date
> modified.
>
> I have unchecked automatically configure columns.  I resized them so there
> is no scrollbar along the bottom.  But once and awhile (seems random) the
> date modified column gets slightly longer so that the scrollbar across the
> bottom reappears.  And it's always a slight amount.

Hm, with fixed column widths, Thunar tells GtkTreeView to use exactly
the widths specified by the columns (the saved user choice). Looking at
the GtkTreeView source, it should not automatically resize the columns
then. Dunno.

> Btw, with the dapper packages video previews no longer works, it worked
> fine
> when I was compiling thunar myself, I'll report this on the dapper forums
> but maybe one of the dapper folks frequents here.

You'll need to build with gconf to enable the usage of the GNOME
thumbnailers (I want to get rid of this some day, maybe with a simple
thumbnailer registry ala desktop database, but until then gconf is
required). Dunno if Xubuntu ships GConf by default.