[Thunar-dev] A couple of bugs, not sure if they are reported.

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 14:59:31 CEST 2006

> You'll need to build with gconf to enable the usage of the GNOME
> thumbnailers (I want to get rid of this some day, maybe with a simple
> thumbnailer registry ala desktop database, but until then gconf is
> required). Dunno if Xubuntu ships GConf by default.

gconf is left disabled in Xubuntu, as we're trying to minimise the use
of gnome libs and consequently resource usage. gconf is not such a big
offender in this regard as some others but I am not sure if the gnome
thumbnailer support is worth the addition.

The downside is that a nice thunar feature is not available in ubuntu so
I need to think about it more.

And gconf is shipped by xubuntu since it's an indirect dependency of
gdm, but not used by any other app besides it. So shipped and installed
on the disk but that's not the resource usage I am that concerned about,
it's more when it adds up to startup time and takes up a couple of megs
of RAM while the daemon is running.

Jani