[Thunar-dev] For fans of Explorer's List View

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Apr 14 21:43:02 CEST 2006

Stefan Stuhr wrote:
> The point of RTL mode is that everything gets turned around; even
> horizontal scrollbars. "First" in RTL mode is to the right, as opposed
> to LTR mode where "first" is to the left. E.g. a GtkHBox in RTL mode
> shows the first item to the right and the last item to the left.
>
> This AbiWord screenshot demonstrates how RTL works:
> http://www.abisource.com/screenshots/abi-yiddish.png

Sure, that's easy for text widgets and for icon/tree view (i.e. for the
regular icon view, the rows will be aligned from right-to-left, so the
first item is always visible by default). But for the compact list view,
the first item will not be visible with the default scrollbar position
(which is left, even in RTL mode), and thats what makes me wonder.

> I believe that gtk_widget_get_direction()[1] should be used to determine
> the widget direction.
>
> [1]:
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-get-direction

Jep, that's what we use everywhere.