[Thunar-dev] For fans of Explorer's List View

Stefan Stuhr thunardevlist at sstuhr.dk
Fri Apr 14 21:33:33 CEST 2006

fre, 14 04 2006 kl. 21:14 +0200, skrev Benedikt Meurer:
> > Hey,
> > As an Hebrew speaker I believe that when in RTL mode the list should
> > go from Right-To-Left with the icons at the right of the text. I
> can't
> > see another option and I believe that this is how it is done
> > everywhere.
>
> Hm, that way we'd display the last file first.

The point of RTL mode is that everything gets turned around; even
horizontal scrollbars. "First" in RTL mode is to the right, as opposed
to LTR mode where "first" is to the left. E.g. a GtkHBox in RTL mode
shows the first item to the right and the last item to the left.

This AbiWord screenshot demonstrates how RTL works:
http://www.abisource.com/screenshots/abi-yiddish.png

I believe that gtk_widget_get_direction()[1] should be used to determine
the widget direction.

[1]:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-get-direction

> > Yo'av.