[Thunar-dev] browse forward and back via mousebuttons

Benedikt Meurer benny at xfce.org
Mon Apr 10 13:40:40 CEST 2006

Björn Martensen wrote:
>>>This is already available in Thunar, see Stefans mail.
>
> Ah, great!
>
> I didn't check it, because the name of the option "..HorizontalWheel.."
> sounded more like it was the function of a wheel and not buttons ;) (as
> some mice have a horizontal wheel, too...), sorry.
>
> But that's exactly the thing I meant.
> You should have this enabled by default though, imho. As it's standard
> in web browsers and for example the windows explorer too.
>
> Thanks anyway!

It was the default, but, as said earlier, it was disabled by default as
there are some people around with track balls in notebooks which can be
used to scroll vertically and horizontally and there its too easy to go
back and forward accidently. I thought it would be better to offer a
sane default, so people with weird notebooks don't recognize Thunar as
broken by default.

But I don't have a strong opinion here.

> Björn

Xfce  --  small, stable, fast  --  http://www.xfce.org/