[Thunar-dev] Unification of Treeview and Sidepanel

Foxtrot simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:23:31 CEST 2005

On 5/11/05, Brian <brian-schott at cox.net> wrote:
> Ori Bernstein wrote:
>

> >AAAHHH!!! What is wrong with me??
> >THIS time it's the right patch...
> >
> Heh. I've got you beat there. Sending the wrong patch twice doesn't
> compare to this:
> http://members.cox.net/brian-schott/DSCF2314.JPG
> Put heavy things on the floor, put laptops on the desk. Not the other
> way around.
>
> I had to get rid of the "except e: print e" section in
> ThunarTreePane.py, but after that, it worked. This is an interesting
> idea. The problem I see with it is that when using the tree view to go
> to nested directories, the shortcuts aren't visable. You have to scroll
> to get them.
>
> We could try putting a gtk_vpaned inside the side window and split it
> between the shortcuts and the tree view. May get a bit cluttered though.
>
> Screenshots:
> http://members.cox.net/brian-schott/TreeAndShortcut.png
> http://members.cox.net/brian-schott/TreeAndShortcut2.png

I would be all for this if the treeviews in Linux weren't so ugly.
They are ugly in Windows too, for that matter, but more so in Linux.
Whenever I see treeviews in apps, I get annoyed by them.

--
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."