[Thunar-dev] Location Bar ala Firefox

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Mar 24 18:33:18 CET 2005

Erik Harrison wrote:
>>  * How to associated this visually with the main view?
>
> Eliminate the frame border between the view and teh bar, just like with FF

In Firefox, it does not appear as a separate bar (to the user), but more
as an integrated part of the main view. Is that what you mean?

>>  * What about different themes?
>
> Not sure what you mean

It should look good no matter which seem you selected (you need to be
carefull which widgets you use).

>>  * What about the close button?
>
> I think it's pretty unambiguous myself

Hmhm.

>>  * What about a11y? E.g. people with motoric disabilities may run into
>>trouble with the focus-out handling.
>
> Not sure this is an issue. People with strong problems here (like
> parkinsons) use other physical interfaces to the machine, and people
> with mild problems shouldn't see  a large problem. In fact, they
> benefit most from strong keyboard driven interfaces. Hit control + L
> to open the location bar, which recieves focus immediately, and type
> your path.

But if it's not accessible, doesn't that make a "wow-effect" feature only?

greets,