[Thunar-dev] More opinions

Dan Miller dev-sources at woh.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 22:58:06 CET 2005

I started a thread on a BBS that I'm a member of about what people would
want in a file manager. Thread can be found at
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/read.cgi?id=20050321&tid=1588360

Alot of the opinions are implementation ideas, but some are good for
layout. Here are the highlights.

Detail view (ls -l type view, maybe with date created, modified, etc)
Column view like Mac OS X (I thought I saw this somewhere before)
Split view
Tile view
List view

Alot of these people don't care for the icon view (which all examples
show). The board is mostly advanced users, but some deal alot with end
user support.

Dan