[Thunar-dev] Location Bar ala Firefox

Robert Kurowski koorek at o2.pl
Sat Mar 19 16:31:17 CET 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:41:55 +0000
Jeff Franks <jcfranks at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> If its worth anything, I prefer the path bar, but not at the bottom.
> It's position should optional. One annoying thing about Firefox is the

> search bar poping up at the bottom of the window. Like many users I
use
> tend to use my mouse rather than keyboard shortcuts. I click on the
find
> menu item at the top of a maximized Firefox window and then have to
move
> my mouse all the way down to the bottom left hand corner of the window

> to enter the search text. It's a long way to travel on a large monitor

> and gets rather annoying after a while. I think having the path bar
> fixed at the bottom would not be a good idea.

Well, I think if we talking about Location Bar (text input) it's somehow
obvious you would use keyboard to enter something, so if you already
prepared to enter something from keyboard why use mose to open Location
Bar? It's not comfortable, that's for sure. IMHO its' much faster and
more ergonomic to use keybinding (keybindings are good and you want them
;-)).

Ohh, "go" button shouldn't be at right? I think so becouse it's somehow
natural that I enter some text from left to right, so after some text
input my eyes are naturaly will search for "go" button on right (if I really need
to use mose ofcourse), it will be easier to follow with eyes from left to
right, or maybe not? not sure about that.

Robert 'koorek' Kurowski	Jabber:	koorek at pld-linux.org