[Thunar-dev] Location Bar ala Firefox

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Sun Mar 20 04:07:12 CET 2005

Robert Kurowski wrote:

>Well, I think if we talking about Location Bar (text input) it's somehow
>obvious you would use keyboard to enter something, so if you already
>prepared to enter something from keyboard why use mose to open Location
>Bar? It's not comfortable, that's for sure. IMHO its' much faster and
>more ergonomic to use keybinding (keybindings are good and you want them
>;-)).

These days GUI design needs to be mindful of accessability. Some
disabled people are unable to use standard keyboards and therefore can't
necessarily use keyboard shortcuts. Also keyboard shortcuts are not
intiutive, they have to be learned. It often takes new users a while to
do this. Surely its reasonable to expect an application's functionality
to be easily accessible with a mouse as with a keyboard.

Jeff.