[Thunar-dev] Classic UI

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Mar 17 09:43:50 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 08:18:04AM +0100, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> I still very much prefer the path buttons to be the default (providing
> history and quick access to parent directories) with a Ctrl-L shortcut
> to a location bar with completion capabilities.
>
> The Ctrl-L sortcut should solve most of the complaints of people wanting
> a location bar, wouldn't it? The only problem is that it is much less
> visible and discoverable (is that a word?).

Ok, to clarify my position, I do have sympathy for Adam's thought that it
would be nice to distinguish our file manager from whatever else is out there
and to me the use of the path buttons sounds like something that is worth
trying. It improves consistency with other gtk apps because it reuses concepts
of the gtk file chooser. The UI without the toolbar is also rather uncluttered
and obvious, which are both important properties for a 'simple' file manager
IMO.

	Jasper