[Thunar-dev] Classic UI

Robert Kurowski koorek at o2.pl
Wed Mar 16 15:43:47 CET 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:16:49 +0100
Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> To be exact, the question is, do we want:
>
>   a) http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/20050316-thunar-pathbar.png
>   b) http://www.xfce.org/~benny/tmp/20050316-thunar-locationbar.png
>
>  From my POV, b) offers the advantage that (desktop) search can be
> integrated as "search://" in the location bar and a search pane on the

> left.

IMO location bar is good if you want to offer more than path, like
help:// givemebeer:// whatever://. But I really wish to se Thunar as a
simple, small, fast yet useful file manager. I'm not great fan of
all-in-one, I think it's better to stay close to basic functionality
rather than extending more and more with features used only sometimes.

Robert 'koorek' Kurowski	Jabber:	koorek at pld-linux.org