[Thunar-dev] Thumbnails

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Wed Jun 29 06:28:42 CEST 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> My concern is that this may not be what users expect and may be even
> confusing to not be able to see thumbnails in the usual views.

I don't always use thumbnails. In fact, when messing around with images
I usually use a dedicated image manager like gthumb or gqview. For other
kinds of files like text files, I don't find thumbnails very useful.

In short, the only time I use them is when I need to do a quick bit of
image finding/copying etc.

A ROX-style thumbnail toggle button on the toolbar would probably
fulfill my requirements.

Any other intuitive way (zoom, thumbnail view, etc) of toggling
thumbnails would be my preference.

-- b