[Thunar-dev] Thumbnails

Emil Jacobs q.collective at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 17:11:54 CEST 2005

On 6/30/05, Rain Viigipuu <rain.viigipuu at gmail.com> wrote:

> As it is suggested in preferences thread in this mailinglist . I think
> that the right thing to do is to make possible to set some default
> view - which user like use most. And thunar should save the new view
> only when users has changed it.
>
> Actually, Windows Explorer has a feature like this - only there is
> possible to push a button and save the view to all folders. I think
> that setting a default view would be more intuitive.
>
> If the thunar will remember automatically the view if user has changed
> it - there might be a problem if user wants to reset all folders
> views. But i don't have any good idea how to solve it.
>
> Rain
We could add a similar option as that of WindowsExplorer: a button
that changes the view to *all* folders to whatever the user wants. I
don't see a big problem here, we mimic what new users already know
about WindowsExplorer and more advanced users will know it soon
enough.

Also Biju's point about only putting this to work if you have a
spatial mode is not neceserrily true: users define how a certain dir
looks *ontop* of the default look, they know perfectly well what they
do and most likely intend to do that, if not they could re-change it
back to how it looked or use the "one button to view them all" I
mentioned above.

Emil