[Thunar-dev] Newbie question

Pat Carr linux at patocarr.com
Sat Jun 11 08:20:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

Rodrigo Coacci wrote:
> Sorry if it sounds stupid.... But I get macro erros even when trying to
> install xfce-dev-tools...
>
> After running autogen.sh from xfce4-dev-tools I get this output:
>
> automake: configure.ac <http://configure.ac>: installing `./install-sh'
> automake: configure.ac <http://configure.ac>: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
> automake: configure.ac <http://configure.ac>: installing `./missing'
> automake: configure.ac <http://configure.ac>: installing `./config.guess'
> automake: configure.ac <http://configure.ac>: installing `./config.sub'
> configure.ac:30 <http://configure.ac:30>: error: possibly undefined
> macro: AC_PACKAGE_TARNAME
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:30 <http://configure.ac:30>: error: possibly undefined
> macro: AC_PACKAGE_VERSION
>
> What am I doing wrong?

   Sorry to say that I don't know, but I've had some problems to get
libexo to compile and now with thunar as well, so I put together a[n
incomplete] howididit hoping that it may help somebody else.
   http://patocarr.com/cgi-bin/pwiki.pl?HackingThunar
   I'm still trying to figure out how to get thunar to compile, so if
you have any ideas or got any further, please let me know.

O brigado
-P@

> 2005/6/9, Rodrigo Coacci <rcoacci at gmail.com <mailto:rcoacci at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Thanks I'll try it this weekend, since I have lot's of work and
>     studying.....
>
>     2005/6/7, Benedikt Meurer < benny at xfce.org <mailto:benny at xfce.org>>:
>
>         Rodrigo Coacci wrote:
>>  Sorry for the newbie question, but what xfce-specific parts
>         are needed
>>  to install for developing thunar? I'm using Debian with
>         os-cillation
>>  packages, but when I try to compile exo from svn autogen says
>         I need
>>  xfce4-dev-tools, and if I run autoconf to generate configure, it
>>  complains of undefined macro....
>
>         Grab latest xfce4-dev-tools from Xfce SVN and install it (it's
>         mainly a
>         script and few m4 files).
>
>         Afterwards run apt-get build-dep exo to install all other packages
>         required to compile libexo.
>
>         Then grab exo 0.3.1svn from os-cillation SVN, run autogen.sh
>         --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-python --enable-debug=full
>         --enable-final (this will override your existing exo 0.3.0 install,
>         which is intential and 0.3.1svn is ABI/API compatible), make and
>         make
>         install.
>
>>  PS: Already installed xfce4-devel package from os-cillation,
>         but it
>>  seems to change nothing.....
>
>         xfce4-devel is only a meta-package.
>
>         greets,
>         Benedikt
>         ----
Unix is user-friendly. It's just very selective about who its friends are.