[Thunar-dev] New mockup for the Thunar Website

Henrik Andersen simsalabimladen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 22:08:31 CEST 2005

On 6/10/05, Jari Rahkonen <jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
> Benjamin Muskalla wrote:
>
> >Hey Guys out there,
> >

> Hi,
>
> >I've played around with some XHTML and CSS and now, there is a little and
> >clear mockup for the new thunar-website.
> >
> >Please feel free to comment and criticise the layout.
> >
> >I'll hope you like it...
> >
> >And here it is:  <http://thunar.xfce.org/mockups/benjamin.muskalla/thunar/>
> >http://thunar.xfce.org/mockups/benjamin.muskalla/thunar/
> >

> I like the design. The code doesn't really validate though, but
> that's easily resolved by converting the document to actually use
> utf-8 or changing the headers to reflect the actual encoding. The
> culprit seems to be the iso-8859(-1?) encoded (c) on line 90.
>
> You might also want to think about using a different dtd, as your
> markup doesn't have anything that would specifically require the
> use of XHTML 1.0 transitional. As the name suggests, it's only
> purpose is to ease the transition from HTML. The page validates
> just fine as XHTML 1.1 strict (after you fix the encoding.)
>
> >Greets,
> >
> >Benny (not benny from siegen =) )
> >
> - Jari

Hey.

This is a great design too. I especially like the logo and the footer.
I'd like to try making alternate versions of the menu and the content,
though, while I brush up the markup/CSS, as I think that can be
improved now that I got my "extra-exam" out of the way. For one thing,
I find the menu bewildering, and I'm not sure I like the idea of three
screenshots, either.

I'll admit I didn't expect so many excellent designs for a project
that had no code/has some code now. I think I'll limit my work on a
site to markup and nitpicking, as that's generally what I'm good at.
:-P

Did you make that logo?

--
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."