[Thunar-dev] New mockup for the Thunar Website

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Jun 10 18:54:13 CEST 2005

Benjamin Muskalla wrote:

>Hey Guys out there,

Hi,

>I've played around with some XHTML and CSS and now, there is a little and
>clear mockup for the new thunar-website.
>
>Please feel free to comment and criticise the layout.
>
>I'll hope you like it...
>
>And here it is:  <http://thunar.xfce.org/mockups/benjamin.muskalla/thunar/>
>http://thunar.xfce.org/mockups/benjamin.muskalla/thunar/

I like the design. The code doesn't really validate though, but
that's easily resolved by converting the document to actually use
utf-8 or changing the headers to reflect the actual encoding. The
culprit seems to be the iso-8859(-1?) encoded © on line 90.

You might also want to think about using a different dtd, as your
markup doesn't have anything that would specifically require the
use of XHTML 1.0 transitional. As the name suggests, it's only
purpose is to ease the transition from HTML. The page validates
just fine as XHTML 1.1 strict (after you fix the encoding.)

>Greets,
>
>Benny (not benny from siegen =) )

- Jari