[Thunar-dev] Website

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sat Jun 4 17:12:36 CEST 2005

Henrik Andersen wrote:

>If we're planning to make a news section, perhaps you could be
>responsible for developing/setting the program? I don't know any
>PHP/MySQL of any use (except simple includes and loops), so it would
>be great if someone would be able to take care of that.
>
>I don't know anything about the servers yet, but I'm sure Auke is on
>thunar-dev somewhere and would be able to enlighten us all on the
>subject. :-)

The server runs php plus a variety of extras are all possible. Mysql as
well of course, but to be honest I don't think that the size of the
project makes a DB-ish site a payoff: You'd spend more time writing a DB
backend while possibly you are far better off using some flat file
backend (sing php includes). That way you can pretty much skip all the
sql nonsense and you have a better and faster site much more easily.
This is typically how I setup sites.

sofar