[Thunar-dev] UI proposal: actions folders

Agostino Russo agostino.russo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 11:33:21 CET 2005

> I agree with Brian. Your feature request doesn't seem to be inline with
> Thunar's major goals of being simple and easy-to-use. It looks more like
> a feature request for xffm to me; maybe try to ask edscott about this?

As mentioned, the objective of my proposal is in fact to simplify
keyboard navigation by using less keys for more functionalities.

That said reading Brian's reply made me realize that contrary to what I
suggested in my first post, visible "actions folders" are non  necessary
to achieve the stated goal and all is required is appropriate key
bindings (particularly showing the context menu when hitting right
directional key on an expanded folder/file).

Obviously my suggestion requires a tree pane, or at least a vertical
file list (like rox with extra details). In a normal file list (rox)
where all 4 directional keys are used to select siblings it is less
relevant, but key bindings involving modification keys and directional
keys for collapse/expand/showcontextmenu/multipleselection will still help.

Regards