[Goodies-dev] Application for consideration

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:49:31 CEST 2011

Hello Neil,

2011/10/20 Neil Munro <neilmunro at gmail.com>:
> Dear Sir/Madam
>                               I am a self employed developer and use
> XFCE and I was recently inspired to write a text editor that follows
> the simplicity that XFCE encourages. It's lightweight but not without
> features, I found leafpad to be too limiting as a developer and wrote
> X2 (http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/X2?content=145463) and was
> wondering if it would be eligible for inclusion in the xfce-goodies or
> similar sites. As I want to share what XFCE inspired me to create to
> the wider XFCE (and floss community as a whole). Being self employed I
> also offer this software through my own business site, but it is a
> free download it is also licensed under the BSD 3 clause licence to
> allow commercial derivative works almost restriction free.

Very hard, if not impossible.

There is already the Mousepad project that aims to be a very fast to
load text editor, then there is Geany, Medit, (G)Vim, Emacs, etc.

http://git.xfce.org/apps/mousepad/

In there are two interesting branches, nick_0_3 and a more recent one
matt/gtksourceview.

The fact Mousepad is already present will most probably end in a
reject to your request.

> If you need more information please do not hesitate to ask.
> Thanks,
> Neil Munro

Regards
--