[Goodies-dev] Application for consideration

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 18:16:06 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Neil Munro <neilmunro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam
>                               I am a self employed developer and use
> XFCE and I was recently inspired to write a text editor that follows
> the simplicity that XFCE encourages. It's lightweight but not without
> features, I found leafpad to be too limiting as a developer and wrote
> X2 (http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/X2?content=145463) and was
> wondering if it would be eligible for inclusion in the xfce-goodies or
> similar sites. As I want to share what XFCE inspired me to create to
> the wider XFCE (and floss community as a whole). Being self employed I
> also offer this software through my own business site, but it is a
> free download it is also licensed under the BSD 3 clause licence to
> allow commercial derivative works almost restriction free.

What Mike already said, the matt/gtksourceview branch of mousepad is
very close to your idea, only much more mature in a number of places.

Now we can always discuss whether to include this in the Xfce goodies
website etc, but maybe you can take a look at the new mousepad and
consider helping; because multiple people can create a better product
then 1 can.

Nick