[Goodies-dev] Getting started with goodies-dev

Gearoid Murphy gearoid.p.murphy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:47:44 CET 2011

Hi Adam,

I've recently started working on my own Xfce pet project and ran into the
same questions. Xfce has plugin modules for Glade 2 and 3, located in the
following locations on my system:

/usr/lib/glade3/modules/libxfce4uiglade.so
/usr/lib/libglade/2.0/libxfce4.a
/usr/lib/libglade/2.0/libxfce4.so

The package which supplies the Glade 2 modules is called libxfcegui. I'm
using Xubuntu. I think that only Glade 2 is used on Xfce, as Xfce is still
using gtk2, but I'm not certain about this.

I'd be interested in creating a wiki for newcomers like us, to act as a
reference for these questions.

- Gearoid