[Goodies-dev] Current state of xfce4-namebar-plugin

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 20:31:40 CET 2010

2010/11/2 Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com>:
> Hi Trent,
>
> 2010/10/27 Trent McPheron <twilightinzero at gmail.com>:
>> I apologize for the extra email. There's not really any edit functionality for mailing lists, it seems.
>>
>> If you'd like to see the current state of xfce4-namebar-plugin, I uploaded a tarball to my dropbox:
>>
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11745544/xfce4-namebar-plugin-0.2.tar.bz2
>
> Will see, maybe I'll write patches, maybe not, no promises :) I'll
> just get it working now.

Ok I managed to build it with xfce4-vala-4.6.1 and Vala 0.10.

The attached patch was needed to get it compiled with Vala 0.10, for
Vala versions prior to 0.10 there shouldn't be any problem.

For the record, the commands were:
  953  wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11745544/xfce4-namebar-plugin-0.2.tar.bz2
  954  tar tf xfce4-namebar-plugin-0.2.tar.bz2
  955  mkdir namebar
  956  tar xf xfce4-namebar-plugin-0.2.tar.bz2 -C namebar
  957  cd namebar/
  958  ./waf --help
  959  ./waf configure
  963  ./waf build
  966  sudo ./waf install

My first surprise was that by default the plugin won't show anything
at all. I would expect to see something by default when I add it
manually to the panel thus I suggest you switch the default setting
for "Show window title" to "Active window". Linux Distribution
providing a default Xfce desktop might choose themselves what plugins
to show in the panel and how to tune the default settings.

Kind Regards
--
Mike