[Goodies-dev] Current state of xfce4-namebar-plugin

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 20:10:27 CET 2010

Hi Trent,

2010/10/27 Trent McPheron <twilightinzero at gmail.com>:
> I apologize for the extra email. There's not really any edit functionality for mailing lists, it seems.
>
> If you'd like to see the current state of xfce4-namebar-plugin, I uploaded a tarball to my dropbox:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11745544/xfce4-namebar-plugin-0.2.tar.bz2

I just downloaded it, and I wonder why it is full of icon themes.

Also, you must create archive with the parent folder, your current
archive extracts everything in the current directory instead of within
a sub-directory. You can run the command "tar cfj archive.tar.bz2
source-directory" instead of probably what you run "tar cfj
archive.tar.bz2 *". Users have to use the -C parameter to extract
inside a custom directory.

I still have to read through your README file, and others.

Will see, maybe I'll write patches, maybe not, no promises :) I'll
just get it working now.

On a side note, there is still no project on git, you will have to
request a git account first on foo-projects.org[1] with your public
SSH key and I suggest you to read through our wiki page[2]. That's the
first step, after that you will have to ask someone to create the git
project, for that purpose I recommend you to use the xfce4-dev mailing
list.

[1] https://foo-projects.org/node/3
[2] http://wiki.xfce.org/dev/howto/git

> Thanks again,